Laura's Lovelies Reusable Menstrual Pads - Panty Liners 18cm
Laura's Lovelies reusable menstrual pads are lovingly handmade in Geelong.
The panty liners contain 3 layers - flannel or bamboo topper, one layer of cotton flannel, backed with anti-pill fleece – marked with white snap on back right wing
How Erin cleans her reusable pads
1. Rinse under cold water (place on the bottom of the shower while you're waiting for it to heat up which helps to save water!).
2. Wash with similar colours (I tend to just wash them with my towels).
3. Line dry or pop in the dryer.
How Laura cleans her reusable pads
1. Soak all pads in a bucket of cold/lukewarm water to soften dried blood
2. Drain bucket and place pads in wash machine
3. This step depends on your machine settings. Cold wash (about 40c) with a prewash with some form of oxy-clean/Napisan in the detergent section and more oxy-clean/Napisan and regular detergent for the main wash.
4. Wash on a cold quick wash with no detergent, this removes any detergent residue and reduces any irritation
5. Dry either in the dryer or air dry. All pads are dryer safe. Some fabrics, especially fluffy fabrics such as minky, bamboo velour, and sherpa are softer after going through the drier.
Absolute Rules for Washing Cloth Pads -
Do not use fabric softener as it reduces the absorbency of cloth pads
Do not use dryer sheets as like fabric softener, they reduce the absorbency the cloth pads
Do not soak or wash in hot water as it will set the blood stains and make it harder to wash out the pads.
**Please note: as the pads come in quite a number of patterns, we do not have the option for you to choose a specific pattern. However, if after you've made an online purchase you'd like to see what we've got in stock so you can choose which one/s you'd like, we are more than happy to do this. Otherwise, we will just select the pattern/s from random for your order**